Saturday, April 01, 2017

Come join us tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the Fifth Sunday in Lent, and next week we hit Palm Sunday already.

It feels like lent has just moved so quickly this year that it's a surprise that it's nearly over.  We've been encouraging one another to really engage with lent this year. To use it like a sort of slow down your life and a take stock time. To think about the things we do in it like fasting or finding our own solitude, our own wilderness. Talking about self denial and the discipline of confession and repentance.

It's wise to pause to re-evaluate how we live our lives because really, they're all we've got. As someone once said and many put in on their Facebook pages, this life isn't a rehearsal, its the real thing.

I notice that many of you are weary of the weights of life that you carry with you each day.  So tomorrow lets talk about the weights we carry and what we can just drop.

Maybe as you get ready for church in the morning (11 am) soak on this bit of truth a bit.
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Are you new to lent this year? You can still catch up and be ready for Easter. Just start by coming to Jesus.

We'll also celebrate the Lords Table and Communion together, and pray and sing together.  It'll be good, because Jesus himself is coming.

Come join us.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.