Friday, December 13, 2013

When does an ordinary life become extraordinary?

The angel in a visitation with Mary, said;

'You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end. '  Luke 1:31-33

A poem reads;


There were safer places

more comfortable places

palaces and wealthy places

Yet you chose a daughter of the soil

Who would have otherwise

lived a good and honest life

grown and harvested crops

cooked and washed and cared for others

and been forgotten

to be your temporary home

to be exalted for all time

Marys response to the angel was:
My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
 for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. 
From now on all generations will call me blessed.

When does an ordinary life become extraordinary 

When does a mundane day become revolutionary

When does a moment in time change history?


When God enters in

and forgives sin

And allows us to begin again


When we in humble submission repeat Those words of Mary

‘I am the Lord's servant, may it be to me as you say’


That miracle of new birth is played out again and again in regular peoples hearts. For whenever we welcome Christ into our lives, the ordinary becomes extraordinary, the mundane becomes revolutionary, and our story is changed, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.