Sunday, September 22, 2013

My soul waits for the Lord

My soul waits for the Lord
more than those
who watch for the morning,
more than those
who watch for the morning.

It's been a tough, long day around here today.
Certain work that doesn't come easy to me, so I struggle through it.
Fighting with the technologies I need to get the work done.
Realising I've made mistakes and having to apologise and try to make things right.

Then late tonight a family is visited by sudden death and all priorities are quickly reshuffled.
They are waiting through the night to see if there will be more death.

And I am here wide awake , thinking of them, praying for them. Hoping that the night will be merciful to them.

They are those who watch for the morning, with a desperate sense of urgency. Waiting for the Lord to bring the clarity and light of the morning. And maybe there will be hope that comes along with it.

But for now we are those who wait for the Lord, watching for the morning. For he alone speaks the words of eternal life.

Come Lord Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.