Sunday, February 17, 2013

Miracles


I'm coming to understand the word miracle in a different light these days, probably because I'm aging and there are new perspectives with age. Yes I see the glorious power that is at work when God makes a sick man well or when He provides funds just in time. Those are indeed miracles. But how much more is the miracle of protection and provision given for each day, day after day, year after year, life after life. It's like God could give you, in one instant, the needed funds to purchase a house in one miraculous moment. Or he could give you enough cash to make the monthly payment, month by month, year by year. Which is the greater miracle, the one holy moment of miraculous income, or the ongoing holy moments given each month for years and years?

I'm not old enough to know the answer to that question yet, but I suspect that both are needed for different occasions in life, with the latter one being more, miraculous shall we say.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.