Wednesday, August 01, 2012

In which I quote myself about youth and church today.

"Youth are not the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today."
Me
I believe this with all my heart, and in fact I would push so far as to say that very often the youth of today do a better job of being the church than those who have been in churches for years.

I'm pleased that more and more churches are getting this, and that there is a shift happening in this direction. (Dave Sawler has a new book out to this end.)





I'm excited as we here in the field begin a new season in our 115 year old life, welcoming Marc Vandersluys here as Associate Pastor. Marc will be working with shepherding our youth and creating multigenerational discipleship opportunities here in the community.

This, is exactly where we are going.
These are exciting days.






No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.