Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tonight I am in Winnipeg

I've been here for the weekend working with a bunch of twenty something's as they explore what it means to be intentional about their faith. It's been a very satisfying time sharing life with these kids and being trusted with their stories and struggles.

Saturday I worked at Spiritual Direction with, I believe it was ten of them. Then in the evening I led them in a Celtic version of communion.

Today I preached in their morning service and we shared a meal together. Then this afternoon we went out to connect with friends we know who are in their young thirties, and consider themselves to be an older couple in this church. It's quite a gathering of young people.

Yeah, it was a great weekend.
As I wrote a while ago, working with younger people is a challenging, and deeply fulfilling work.
The downside is that when you are around them a lot, you get the feeling that you are old. Very old.


Goodnight, from Winnipeg.





1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you're getting to flex your spiritual direction muscles :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.