Thursday, March 17, 2011

Walking to the neighbours for coffee. A simple extravagance.

After playing phone tag with our new neighbours for a few days, Lauralea and I finally walked over to meet and have coffee with them tonight after dinner.

We were walking up the hill in the gently falling big flakes of snow and I was trying to identify a nostalgic feeling I was in the middle of. Then it came to me in a clear moment. It's been over two years since Lauralea and I have walked to somebody's house for coffee.

In the city we would often walk to visits or shopping or whatever. In The Field you need to drive pretty much everywhere, unless they are your neighbours and you can walk to their house. This was the first time since we moved here that we've walked to someones house.

And it was weirdly nostalgic, and made me smile from all the memories.

The icing on the cake was that the new neighbours seem to be pretty good people.

I expect we'll be taking that walk again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have neighbors again. Extra special that they are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to live in a field, but I must admit that cities have some advantages, including having more things within walking distance.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.