Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm in bed. Finally.

Today was going to be one of those days where you needed a lot of sleep the night before, to be useful for.

So last night I tried hard to sleep.
And I tried harder.
And harder.

The harder I tried, the further away the sleep moved till it was beyond my reach.

So the last time I remember seeing the clock, it was after three am.

About 5:30 am my alarm went off to start the day. I recall that it took three tries to turn off the alarm.

I was out the door at 6 am, for our 6:30 prayer time.

Then I was off to a pastors meeting, in a town about 45 minutes away.

Then I was back to Wetaskiwin for a lunch meeting with our Deacons.

Then I was getting supplies for our Moms Of PreSchoolers which is on Thursday.

Then I got home and returned some calls, and fell asleep for 15 minutes.

Then we fought traffic and a bad icy rain and snow storm to get to Edmonton, to pick up Hillary at the bus station.

Then we came home. It was 10:30 pm.

And I showered and crawled into bed and here I am. Tired beyond tired.

Lots of good was lived out today. Lots of great moments. Lots of tired, punchy, bad jokes.

And now, lots of sleep.

I hope.


Night from the field.

3 comments:

  1. I had a crazy day today too, though I do not think quite as crazy as yours. (Yours probably didn't involve volunteering in a kindergarten classroom attempting to fix the candy Christmas trees of 20 students because the icing was breaking off, though did it? That just about drove me to madness.) And then last night I spent at least an hour awake at 4am between Luke and Olivia. Oh well. After Madeline's birthday today and the big kids' Christmas concerts tomorrow, it will slow down to just having to go out every night until we head to PA. :)

    Hope you all got some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary is officially greeted for you Linea.

    and I can indeed confirm that I had no part in fixing 20 candy Christmas trees.

    Have fun going back to the ole homestead Dix.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.