Sunday, October 24, 2010

An afternoon in Oxford

Toni, Chris, Nikita and Lauralea

I suppose much of this trip has been about experiencing the British nation once again in all it's beauty and wonder, but a good deal of it has also been about seeing some old friends and making some new ones. As we reluctantly begin to ponder a return to the field, I will carry with me the stories of the people we've shared life with these days.

It feels strange thinking that we leave these people here and travel to the other side of the earth and that the chance strongly exists that we may never see these people again. That seems so odd for being able to have deep connections so easily. But there it is, none the less.

The time for return is not yet however. Tomorrow starts a few days in London and then we'll worry about the Next thing.

It's 11:30 now, so I'm off to bed.

Night, from Oxford-shire.

4 comments:

  1. Strange to see you walking the same streets we walked not so long ago ourselves. I'd like to see Oxford in Autumn and with the school year in full swing.

    I can't quite explain why, but I think Oxford was my favourite place of those er visited. But...now that I'm thinking about it, it was all pretty special. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm going to leave almost exactly the same comment as Marc (he's in the bedroom; I'm in the living room).

    Those pictures really do remind me again how much I LOVED Oxford. Probably my favourite place from the trip. We have a picture of those rainbow houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss the fact that you are in England? Count me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,glad you`r having a good time. i`m doing ok. John Kauenhofens were here for the weekend.Keep safe and well....Nite...mom

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.