Monday, June 07, 2010

… i will wait for the Lord.

I will wait for the Lord.
My soul waits, and in His word do I hope.
Lord, You have always given bread for the coming day; and though I am poor, today I believe.
Lord, You have always given strength for the coming day; and though I am weak, today I believe.
Lord, You have always given peace for the coming day; and though of anxious heart, today I believe.
Lord, You have always kept me safe in trials; and now, tried as I am, today I believe.
Lord, You have always marked the road for the coming day; and though it may be hidden, today I believe.
Lord, You have always lightened this darkness of mine; and though the night is here, today I believe.
Lord, You have always spoken when time was ripe; and though you be silent now, today I believe.



Tonight, exhausted from a long full weekend of ministry and a hardworking church leadership meeting tonight, these words from Lauralea's and my evening prayers were gracious and gave me real words to pray.

I know that whenever I am completed church ministry at whatever age that may be, being privy to the inside of church leadership will not be something I shall miss. There are reasons Paul says it's not for the young in the faith.

Anyway, a good prayer helps and on nights like this when I'm all out of words, these bring hope.


Night.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Randall, these words are just what I need as I get ready to go to a Local Govt meeting today. Deep breath, know God's presence and know we are loved always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this before I begin work today.

    Thanks Randall....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will need to go back, and re -read these words at times....thanx for posting what you feel led to post. Always a reason then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy, AMEN! I will be passing this writing on to my church family. Good stuff. Jean H.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.