Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ok sleep is this how it's going to be??

Yeah, this is like visiting a new country I've never been to before, this inability to sleep.

It's too early to say it's a problem but usually I fall asleep out of a sense of exhaustion rather than fuss and bother, turn and twist and get angry at not falling asleep.

Last night, night 2 of The Sleeplessness saw me in bed by 11:30 and then saw me doing the twisting and turning thing till about 2:30. Then I just got up and walked around the house a bit for an hour. Then, tired, I headed to bed, full of hope. Too much hope it seems because I then did round two of the sleeplessness thing. The last time I remember looking at the clock was around 4:30 am.

I'm not too concerned yet because this just isn't my standard operating procedure. I sleep, that's what I do. And I enjoy it. It'll return soon enough because I will need it to return, and soon.

And no there isn't one big thing that keeps me awake at night. I don't lay there worrying about world peace or anything, so I can rule that out.

But actually after I had my angry patch last night because I wasn't able to sleep, I settled in and used the time better. I prayed for a good number of you, and that was good. You needed it and I needed to pray. So there.

I also listened to a cool documentary on the first "All Girls" run radio station on NPR. That was really good.

So it isn't a total waste. I just better not be laying down any new habits here. I need my beauty sleep.

Round three tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Insomnia isn't fun. I find that having a glass or two of wine in the evening helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve was waking up more tired then when he went to bed so he went to Nutters and asked the ladies there about herbs and stuff. He got these pills and so far they seem to be working awesome. Might be something to check out.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.