Friday, February 26, 2010

Down but not out

I used to never get sick enough to loose a day or two of work but being in the field these sixteen months and having the flu three times leaves me feeling a touch guilty. That's tied somehow to my work ethic and identity and blah blah blah.

I've noticed during this bout of the flu, that taking Tylenol and remaining somewhat horizontal eases most of the symptoms. So I've found that there has been room to pray. There are a number of things that are happening here that give me much to pray for, as well as my family and a few friends. Add to that the restlessness of a night spent on the couch (so that Laura won't catch it either) and time recuperating, waiting for healthier days, has left me with enough clarity to be praying. Or at least enough clarity for God to know and hear.

And so I've been doing that, and actually sensing God quite close through it all.

I often tell people who are bedridden or trapped by some physical limitations that there still is work for them to do. There are still people out there who desperately need someone, anyone, to pray for them. And it can be very satisfying work when there's a connection with the Holy Spirit who leads the prayer, and confirms when you're done.

It's not all learned in one single class grasshopper. It takes time to learn the intricacies of prayer, but you won't learn it if you are never trying it. Try it, be teachable, ask questions of others who pray, and listen for His voice to lead you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder my friend. I hope you're feeling better, in all ways soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're over it now and getting back to normal (whatever that is!).

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.