Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today the Field got the better of me

I suppose it's only fair that there will be days like this, out here in the field I mean.
It can't be all pie in the sky, I know that.

But today I was working a good deal in the office, trying to catch up with some things, and it was two steps forward, one step back. It was warm today too, and a bit too quiet for me, except for the flies buzzing at the open window. The isolation can be unique and overwhelming out here sometimes. And it's often something I overlook or I disregard it's power. But it can be powerfully lonely sometimes.

Today was just a day like that.

And then late in the day somebody stopped by and we had a real conversation about real stuff, and that was just good.

So a long, lonely day topped off with a short encouraging visit, and it's not as bad as it was.

I wonder what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.