Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a near ditch experience

Yesterday morning shortly after 6 am while on my way to town I nearly had to turn around and go home to change my shorts.

One hand sleepily on the wheel ripping down the highway, slightly overcast sky when within a quarter of a second all the following thoughts shot through my mind:

I WISH I HAD A BLUE BIKE, WHAT THE? BROWN FUR, LARGE, DEER SHAPE, JUMPING, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, ABOVE HOOD OF CAR, WHAT THE... TURNRIGHTHARD TURNRIGHTHARD TURNRIGHHARD, ONE HAND CRANKS HARD RIGHT, NO SHOULDER, NO SHOULDER, CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT, CRANK HARD LEFT, TOO MUCH, BIG FLOATY CAR, NO TIGHT SUSPENSION, OVERCORRECT, PULLITBACK, KEEP ON ROAD, COME ON FRIESEN, OTHER HAND FINALLY REACHING THE WHEEL, RUSH OF ADRENALIN TO THE BODY, OH THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A DEER...

With the amount of that kind of wildlife in these here parts the chances are significant that I will one day, hit a deer. I'm just glad it wasn't yesterday.

And I want to give public recognition of the angels who took one for the team, so that I could be safe and get to my destination safely.

Thank you.

1 comment:



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.