Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sometimes in a lowly cell

Sunday evening on Iona
Sometimes in a lowly cell, in the presence of my God
I stand and listen.
In the silence of my heart I can hear his will
When I listen despairing people flock to me
They expect that I can see the answers
They ask my advice, they say I am wise
I answer that nothing can deceive me, if I stand alone and silently listen
For I am but a servant who is guided by his king, when I listen
Sometimes in a lowly cell in the presence of my God I stand and listen

attributed to St Columba of Iona

1 comment:

  1. This is a sign, I am sure, that you are returning to Iona to pray. That tells me that your heart is working over time and that you are going to the source for comfort. It has been a tough week for you and so we offer you our prayers.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.