Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You Might Be A Pastor if…

Somebody sent me this list and I laughed at a few of the points. Then I realized I laughed because they are true.

 

~ You hesitate to tell people what you do for a living.

~ You've ever dreamed you were preaching only to awaken and discover you were.

~ You've ever wondered why people couldn't die at more appropriate times.

~ You find yourself counting people at a sporting event.

~ You're leading the church into the 21st century, but you don't know what you're preaching on Sunday.

~ A church picnic is no picnic.

~ You jiggle all the commode handles at the church before you leave.

~ People sleep while you're talking.

~ You've ever wanted to "lay hands" around a deacon's neck.

~ You often feel like you're herding cats rather than shepherding sheep.

 

.

3 comments:

  1. Okay I was laughing at that. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty of some, my time will come for others.

    I mis-read the one about laying hands.....

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.