Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the PETA Files

 

Make ice cream from breast milk,

PEOPLE for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has urged US ice cream makers Ben & Jerry's Homemade to replace cow's milk in ice cream products with breast milk.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 per cent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the animal rights group said.

PETA officials say a move to breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their calves on factory farms and benefit human health.

More here, if you can stomach it…

I could see this leading to a whole new line of flavours;


Mamma ate chocolate before milking
Mamma ate pistachio before milking
Mamma at cookie dough before milking. 
 

Course I probably shouldn’t mock it. It could be an extra source of income for stay-at-home moms.

 

via. Kim

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely not a supporter of PETA or this idea that we should spare our cows suffering by milking our women...haha, but I have often thought that it's strange that we drink another mammal's milk. I know there are a lot of things that humans do that other 'animals' don't, but for some reason I have, in the back of my mind, thought it was strange. Maybe that's why my body decided to reject milk about 7 years ago and I haven't drank any since. Though I still indulge in the occasional ice cream. Iced breast milk, not sure I could stomach it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought the same thoughts, we drink milk from another mammal... just seems strange is all.

    So I'm not a big milk fan. But cheese? Don't get me started on cheese, cause I LOVE it!!


    ... well, except for that nasty cottage cheese stuff they sneak into jello salads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it all sounds kinda gross to me, Yuck.

    I will write more later, but right now I need to go upstairs to get some milk for my coffee.....

    hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.