Friday, July 25, 2008

Prayer of Surrender

The other night as I rested and tried to sleep there were many things going through my head. Things that I don't wish to face, yet I really need to face. Roads I don't really want to go down, yet I know they are roads down which I will see God. I suppose I was just wrestling with God about being obedient, till 2 am.

Then this morning in prayer, a classmate brought to us and reminded us of the Prayer of Surrender, by St. Ignatius. It's not an easy prayer to own, and some of the words want to get caught in the back of the throat, but I prayed them. I think I need to keep praying them for a while.

 
take, Lord, and receive
my liberty,
my memory,
my understanding,
my entire will,
everything I have and call my own.
You gave me all these gifts,
and to you I return them.
Dispose of them entirely according to your will.
Give me only your love and grace.
this is all I ask.
Amen
 

St. Ignatius

 

and amen.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is definitely a prayer that gets caught at the back of the throat and that therefore needs chewing over again and again and again

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN !

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.