Friday, March 21, 2008

The Last Night

Well tonight we have our house to ourselves for the night, something I've waited for. And it is significant to me.

All the family will sleep here, one last time tonight, in the place we've called home for ten years.

Lots of memories too. Birthday parties, Christmas mornings, graduations. Meals together, fights, voice lessons, homework, just life lived out one day after another.

Its not all sad news though. Tomorrow Nate joins the family, and Johanna and he will go make their own family. That just keeps moving forward, into eternity.

I think that for all my kids I wish for them the best of a close intimate lifetime relationship. That is such a wonderful thing.

Lauralea and I are not perfect, and we've fought lots, but while I was vacuming tonight I thought I don't think there has ever been a time that I wished I had not married her. No regrets there, at all. And to me that is a real gift.

I wish that for my kids too.

May Johanna & Nate experience all the life and love that a lifetime of commitment can offer. And may the three of them enjoy all God has for them.

Nite.

...the last one.

4 comments:

  1. I remember my last night at home. This post just brought it all back -- the feelings of knowing that things will never be the same again, but also knowing that not-being-the-same-again can also be a good thing in life.

    I'm with you guys tomorrow. Walk slow down that aisle with your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new son-in-law. They're a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every blessing to you all and an especially Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.