Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I, uh, slept through prayer time this morning...

Dear Sisters in Christ;


It is with much regret that I must seek your patience and understanding in as much as this morning as my alarm awoke me at a reasonable time to allow me a leisurely morning in the washroom completing my morning ablutions to get me to the appointed prayer meeting well and on time, did not happen.

I regret if my absence has made your hearts sorrowful or full of feelings of abandonment by myself. That is indeed not the intent.

I am however, humbly penitent, and rebuked of spirit.



I remain yours prayerfully,

Rev. Randall E. Friesen

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mr Friesen,
    Maybe your spirit doesn't need rebuking. Maybe your body is teaching you a lesson about self-care after the week that was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Ms. Barb, you are indeed wise beyond your years.



    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got quite a chuckle out of this letter. Last week I found myself with a PILE of things to do in a short amount of time and I asked my Mom if she thought anyone would notice if I were to just have a nap and sleep through all my obligations (like an interview & teaching!). But, I went, and survived. I know your sleep was accidental, but funny nonetheless.
    I, too, think Barb is wise on this one.
    I looked at some of the pictures of your daughter's wedding - VERY beautiful. You should be a proud Papa.
    Hope things are getting into "normal" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I call you Randall ?(!) As for wisdom beyond my years, I figure that we've both been on this planet long enough to accumulate a smidgeon of wisdom. And, just so you don't feel the day is totally lost, you have (in a tangential sort of way) prompted me to make a post about self-care which has been brewing for a bit.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.