Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nearly ready

For the funeral tomorrow.

Time to go home and get some food. I have to be back here for music practice tonight, then later on be back here again for evening prayers.

We came across a cool poem she wanted read at her funeral, and so I've included that in the service.
See if you find your own words in there someplace.






I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, from pain I’m free.
I’m following the path
God has laid, you see.
I took His hand when I heard His call
I turned around and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found the peace on a sunny day,

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A family shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I’ve savoured much,
Good family, good times,
A loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief,
Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee
God wanted me now;
From pain I’m free.

-Author Unknown-

1 comment:



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.