Monday, November 26, 2007

Morning, Noon, and Night Prayer

I am at the office today because, among many other things happening this week, it is also our church's yearly prayer week.

We are gathering for morning, noon, and night prayer this year. I just led the noon prayer time.

There are a number of significant stresses happening in our lives these days. Well at least significant enough stresses to keep us from peace. What they are doesn't matter much, except they seem to be coming from so many fronts, and I can't juggle them all while still being who I need to be.

It's very frustrating, overwhelming even.

Into this haze of angst comes the words of the prayer we prayed moments ago:

Let nothing disturb thee,
nothing affright thee;
all things are passing,
God never changeth!
Patient endurance attaineth to all things;
who God possesseth
in nothing is wanting;
alone God sufficeth.

For those of you King James-edly challenged, it means relax, don't let things freak you out. God is still there and still the same. Patience helps you make it through and anyways you have everything you really need, in God alone.

To that prayer I can say Amen.

God, be with us.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Those words are very helpful to me today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.