Friday, November 30, 2007

Evel Knievel, dead.

Evel Knievel, the motorcycle daredevil whose stunts -- including an attempted leap over Idaho's Snake River Canyon -- made him a popular cultural figure, is dead. He was 69.Evel Knievel was known for his daredevil stunts. Over his career, Knievel was said to have broken practically every bone in his body -- some multiple times. With his red-white-and-blue jumpsuits, shock of hair and stone-faced mein, he was a fixture on ABC's program "Wide World of Sports" in the 1970s, his stunts perennial ratings-grabbers.

via.

I remember that big attempted jump over the Snake River Canyon on the Wide World of Sports.

I suppose it's a bit of an amazement that after all that stuff, he was still alive at 69.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.