Thursday, November 29, 2007

Concert Tonight?

I think that tonight if we were nearby, Lauralea and I would be in attendance at the newly refurbished St Martin-in-the-Fields in London enjoying "Brandenburg Concertos by Candlelight."

Performed by the London Concertante, Adam Summerhayes, director.

"London Concertante is one of the finest chamber ensembles in the country now celebrating its 15th Anniversary, its players brought together through a shared passion for chamber music. The group has the rare ability to combine flexibility of instrumental grouping and consistently maintain superb artistic endeavour. With an enviable array of critical acclaim, a wide spectrum of recordings, and performances throughout the UK and Europe, London Concertante rightfully claims its position at the forefront of classical performers in the UK."

The programme for this evening includes:

Johann Pachelbel: Canon, from the Canon and Gigue in D
Johann Sebastian Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No 3 in G, BWV1048
George Frideric Handel: Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, from 'Solomon'
Johann Sebastian Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No 4 in G, BWV 1049
Johann Sebastian Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No 5 in D, BWV 1050

What a delight that would be.

Then perhaps a walk up the Strand to Porters English Restaurant for a late supper, and a walk back down to Charing Cross Station for a ride home.

A lovely evening out with a pretty girl to share it with.

Nice.






via.

7 comments:

  1. That would be really cool and a good evening out but I think Kita would nod off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty girl?! WHAT pretty girl?

    Oh- did you mean ME? How sweet!

    Unless you had unresolved guilt issues that resulted in a really nice Christmas present... for me...!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, my guilt issues are all resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just so happens that tonight I am off to attempt to play my part of the Brandenberg Concerto with the PA Strings.

    We don't sound anything like what you describe.


    But it is fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow that particular smilie looks downright lecherous.

    Chuckles to self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you are a little more naturally cultured than me. But I'd still prefer the Brandenburg to "so here it is, merry christmas".

    Pretty girls are a nice idea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol


    Thanks for making me laugh Toni.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.