Friday, October 05, 2007

Smell ya later

This morning in remembrance of my youth, I pulled out an old bottle of Brut and splashed it all over my face.

As I progress through the day there are sudden memories of my younger years when I was 15 or 16 and I had discovered aftershave which was just one of the benefits of this manly activity of shaving each morning.

I have since come to understand this Manly Activity as somewhat of a curse what with my sensitive skin and all. But when I put on some Brut I still have pleasent memories of younger days and less responsibilities.

So here's to this amazing gift of scent and the memories it instantly evokes.

3 comments:

  1. My boss gave me Stetson for Christmas in '96. Reminds me of Grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy that scent. It was a typical Christmas gift to most of the men in our family for many years.

    I think YOU should be the one to revive it, Randall......

    Here's to the BRUT! May he ever remind us of our youth...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories.

    Pimples, a desperate desire to know a girl and the 'wonderful' smell of teenage armpits if you didn't use deodorant.

    Talking of which, the deodorant made a brilliant flame-thrower, and when the tin was empty it was just the right size for long-range air gun practice.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.