Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wow, a politician who admits he was wrong

This is quite unbelievable. At first I thought I was reading something sarcastic, but it seems that Federal Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion has taken the blame for his party's defeats in three Quebec byelections, saying, "A leader has to put himself out there and I didn't do it."

Most politicians in my years on this planet, regardless of their party affiliation, would blame other people or situations rather than accepting responsibility for failure.
Dion said he's the first person who should be held responsible for the Liberals' nosedive in the federal byelections on Monday night, which saw the party lose its traditional Montreal stronghold riding in Outremont while earning single-digit support in the Saguenay and Saint-Hyacinthe ridings.

"I'm taking the responsibility," Dion told the CBC's French-language television program Téléjournal Wednesday night.

"I've always focused on the stakes … but I've never put myself on the line and I understand now that a leader must do that.… A leader has to put himself out there and I didn't do it,"

via cbc.

I agree with his assessment, and respect him for claiming ownership.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that putting himself out there more will really help. In fact I think the more people see of Dion, the more his party's support will drop.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.