Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Letting Go

If you hold on too long, they strain against the grip, and you and them become injured.

If you let go too quickly, they fall and get hurt.

There is no way to do this easily.

An unspoken negotiation that both parties are aware of yet often misunderstand.



They've all done so well this year, they've matured and grown so much. I am proud of them, each of them, and they will do ok in life.

There are just days when the letting go catches up and there are stresses.

It's to be expected, I suppose, since we are all different and none of us perfect.

But it's about letting go, since the day they were born, it's been about letting go.

So good.

So strange.

So bitter-sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.