Friday, June 15, 2007

The Pilgrimage has begun. Want to go along?

In many respects the Pilgrimage we will be making to the Isle of Iona has already begun.

Even though the truth of my life is that God is near and not far away, pilgrimage for me is a search for God and God̢۪s goodness. Pilgrimage has to do with a change of heart. The outward, physical journey serves to frame an inner journey: a journey of repentance and rebirth; a journey which seeks a deeper faith, and greater holiness; a journey towards God.

I feel like that journey has already begun these past weeks. So I continue to prepare my spirit, as well as the luggage.

Some of you have asked where Iona is, and since one picture is worth a thousand words, here are a thousand words. Click to enlarge.


Some of you have told me how much you would like to go there yourselves, and I can actually understand this desire. Really. I've lived with it as a desire, but not one I ever thought I would see fulfilled. This, I suspect, is a once in a lifetime journey.

I've thought about this long and hard and I want to make an offer to you.

I plan to take some good time when we are there just for prayer, as I journey towards Christ. If you would like me to be in prayer for you during the week and take your needs with me as I move towards Jesus, why not let me know.

If you would like me to pray for a need in your life, or even for you generally, just send me an email and I'll "Take you along."

And maybe, in the spirit of this extravagant gift I have been given, lets make the prayer requests about you and your needs, rather than requesting prayer for aunt Beverley's bunion on her right foot.

What is it in your life that you would like mentioned to God?

Email me.

iona@randallfriesen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.