Thursday, April 26, 2007

When sickness comes to stay.

Hey, remember last weekend when I had that cold/flu thing?

Yeah, that thing.

Well, now Lauralea has it.

This has been such an evil year for us, cold and flu wise. I honestly don't remember a worse winter for the two of us catching and being so sick.

Kinda takes the wind out of the sails.

You begin to just exist.

First big task, get out of bed.

Second huge and overwhelming task, brush your teeth.

And so it goes, until you drag your sorry self to bed to lay awake coughing all night long.

You want to be well and do all those things you have planned to do.

You remember what it was like to be well, and you just wish you could be there without this thing to carry around too.

You feel the pressure of life because there are things expected of you, by others and by yourself.

But you can't, because you are sick.

And so it's emotionally overwhelming too.

I think that's probably what my dad felt like during the last few years of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.