Friday, April 13, 2007

It's just a freakin hamburger

I had a breakfast meeting this morning at an eating establishment that shall remain nameless. How about we just make up a name and call it Hay and BubbleU.

Instead of having the regular eggs thing or perhaps some manner of sandwich named an Egger, I decided to test their commitment to providing their main attraction, even during breakfast hours. So I quietly ordered a “P*** Burger.”

I did this quietly so as to not arouse the attention of the many people in the place to look at the looser who doesn't know that Burgers aren't for breakfast.

Then the lady behind the counter proceeded to tell me, in a needlessly loud voice that it would take at least 15 minutes right and did I know that?

I responded just above a whisper that I indeed did know that, and thank you.

She turned around and yelled back into the kitchen that she needed a burger. Then she turned to a coworker with, I swear (If I was a swearing man) a half smirk on her face, and repeated my order at full volume to the coworker.

Then, in her determined voice she returned to me and asked loudly if I would like cheese on that. Again trying to not bring attention to myself and my order, indicated that no cheese or onions would be necessary.

And finally she in her fullest voice began to summarize my order, item by item.

I tried with no success to cut her short by replying quickly, “Yes please, yes please, yes please.”

Sigh.

While standing there I had a flashback to the first time I purchased condoms. Or the time I bought “Feminine products,” and the clerk waved it around and asked for help with a price on these name brand products.

Lord just let me melt away.

3 comments:

  1. What a silly burger she was then.

    ;¬)

    Yup, been there, done that kind of thing (it's even more embarassing when you insist something is like X when they PROVE it was Y all along). But hey, if you want a burger for brekkers then why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too long ago Dixie and I were in W**-M**t and walked through the "feminine products" aisle. I was feeling giddy and started commenting loudly on the various products and their options:

    "OH, THESE ONES HAVE WINGS, WHICH IS PROBABLY A GOOD THING. BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS: A MULTI-PACK FOR VARIOUS LEVELS OF FLOW?"

    and so on.

    It was funny. Dixie was mortified (but not as mortified as she would have been 6 years ago), but with a smile on her face.

    I don't normally go out of my way to embarrass her, but, as I say, I was feeling a little giddy.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.