Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superblow 41

Ok, I don't know what was worse about the unSuperbowl Game today. Maybe it was the announcers who missed announcing the plays until three plays later, or that they took turns taking shots at each other.

Or that the Bears quarterback Grossman, didn't even seem to show up to play.

Maybe it was the half-time show with Prince and that "cleaning lady" scarf thing he had going on on his head. I dunno.

No, I do know.

Last year Seattle, the team I was cheering for through to the finals, went on to the Superbowl, and lost. This year the Bears did the same thing to me. Yes, that's right I'm taking this personally.

But it doesn't really matter, right? I mean in the grand scheme of things, it's just a game. Heck, that was what the Colts coach even said before the game. They asked coach Tony Dungy what he would say to the team before they went out to play the game. And he said he would tell them that it's just a game, so go and play.
It's just a game.

But then he knows some of life's priorities already, doesn't he.

It was only 16 months ago that they found his 18 year old son dead from a suicide.

Indeed, it's just a game.

1 comment:

  1. There is no doubt that the NFL has bigger and better players than the CFL, but I don't find it as entertaining. The major reason is that with 4 downs instead of 3 downs, there are more running plays and fewer passing plays.

    Interesting that both coaches in yesterday's game are men of faith, with similar coaching styles (no screaming at/berating their players etc.).

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.