Saturday, September 09, 2006

Thoughts on a Saturday morning.

This morning I am sitting in my New Homework Room with the curtain drawn and the window closed because my neighbours and their most extended families, are in their back yard yelling and hollering and fighting, and now they have turned on some most offensive country music.

:)

I didn't want this post to even mention that. I wanted it to be about a beautiful warm sunny autumn Saturday morning.

It's mornings like this that make me want to go for a long walk, or find a farmers market and purchase some fresh produce and take it home and make an amazing lunch.

It's days like this that make me pine for the times of having the weekend off, after a week of hard work. It was enjoyable, being able to do whatever you wanted to do on your well deserved day off. I've always been one of those people who feels like you gotta work hard, then take a well deserved weekend off. And enjoy it.

But here I am, doing some work on the laptop, listening to a drunken country music fight next door, and I'm heading off to the office because I need to prepare some more for tomorrow, and meet with someone.

That's probably more realistic than the other.

So you grab your moments while you can.

The party next door got me up early and I made some coffee while the family was still in bed.

(Good grief, now they are playing REO Speedwagon. Things are taking a turn.)

I turned on NPR and listened to some good radio. I sat down and read some good writing on the net, interacting and being challenged by it.

The coffee and bread and cheese was perfect, in the morning sun.

And so I'm off to the day. Trying to hold onto that image of the morning, rather than the conflict that goes on next door.

7 comments:

  1. Did you listen to "Whatta Know?" this morning? I've got to get satellite radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to "Wait wait, don't tell me" which was a good one today. They had Alan Alda on for a while as a contestant.

    Then I listened to "From the Top" where they have amazing musicians on who play live.

    Then came "Car Talk" which I enjoy a bit of. Get's kinda the same schtick after a while.

    and yes, you need satellite radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for the drunken party going on next door. However, you need to be more careful when you put down certain types of music. It's what makes the world go around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, personally, I say if they're playing country, they should take the blasted stuff way over past the church. That way they can play country IN the country and not bother another soul especially next door neighbors. You have waaaaaaaay more patience than I, Pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, are you critizing country gospel musicand and country music.Tsk, shouldn't be so narrow minded, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the juxtapostion of faith in a fallen world. Preparing thoughts for the people of God while the people of the world "eat drink and be merry". A perspective marker if ever there was one. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, Betty, Betty. (If that is your real name). Get with the program girl. I've been called all manner of things but narrow-minded hasn't been one that I've heard before ;-)

    I do enjoy a good severe whack over the head with country music once in a while but not so that it disturbs my neighbors...I think anyone would be considered inconsiderate if they did that.

    Music is a very personal thing, don't you think...... kind of like fingerprints - everyone has different tastes and opinions about most everything that is played, written or sung. As for me, well, I enjoy Bach, Bachman, Beetles, Bellamy Brothers, Beach Boys, Beloved, Building 429....and that's just the 'B's'. We could go on right down to the 'W's' with Wagner and the 'Y's' with Yanni....I just know you love all kind of music too...I can hear it above your biting sarcasim.

    Enjoy your day in the country ;-))

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.