Friday, September 22, 2006

Standin on the corner watchin all the gir...

This afternoon I had to be downtown for an appointment. Since I was early I stood on Bank corner with my headphones in, listening to some tunes, enjoying a beautiful Friday afternoon.

The next thing I know, "Ron" from the Daily Herald was in front of me, asking me if he could interview me. I had time to kill so I agreed.

His question was, had I been watching the new Television season and had I caught any of the new shows. Not a great question for me as I haven't seen that box in over a week. In fact, the only show I partially saw was the new Survivor which was on last week. So I mentioned that one.

"What interests you about it?" he asked.

I referenced the whole different race groups on different teams thing, which I'll be interested to see play out. But I'm sure I mumbled something about race and I'm sure it sounded bad.

He wanted my picture so he complimented me that it was the most coherent answer he had heard all day.

I let him snap away.

So, there will be a little embarrassing blurb in the paper, beside my pic. Hope it doesn't start greater race wars...

I returned to my survey of Bank corner and my music.

And then, a car slowed down, and turned the corner in front of me with a pretty girl in the front seat waving at me. I fought hard to place her, worlds were colliding.

They pulled over and out popped Christy Zacharias and her husband Colin.

Yep, sure enough. Living an hour away, and once a year driving through Prince Albert on their way up north, and we meet.

I mean, what's the chances of that?

We had a cool short visit, and connected a bit. Then they were off and so was I, just a bit late for my appointment.

I think I should stand around on street corners more often.

1 comment:

  1. Well there we were driving down the street in a city I've spent less than 30 minutes in the last year, and there's a face I know. I'm starting to feel unbelievably outgoing. :)

    I was so glad we saw you...next time I want to visit with your wife too. We have already booked the same cottage for next year, so are you guys free for coffee next Sept? :)

    Sorry we made you late, though!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.