Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hanging out in Hospitals

My hospital visiting has seen a dramatic rise in the past week.

We have a lady who, we figured the other morning, has been in the hospital for five months. She has had surgery and now is waiting a place in a long term care home. Gets kinda discouraging sitting and waiting for your next home to be decided for you.

There is an elderly friend who has been admitted for a couple of health reasons. She's chipper and anxious to get home again, and she is a reminder to me that I should do as well when I am 90 years old!

Then we have a fifteen year old guy who's been admitted, for nine days now.  He, somehow managed to hurt an internal organ, after youth meeting one night, and he's been in constant pain, almost since day one. Well, he isn't healing like he should, and the pain and thus lack of any sleep is exhausting him completely. This morning as I went in to see him, they were taking him off to Saskatoon's Royal University Hospital. Hopefully they will have some ideas how to get him well again. This makes everyone nervous because this isn't suppose to happen to young people.

Three people and their stories that I am involved with each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.