Thursday, August 31, 2006

Evening Prayers

Read each line, then stop and consider what it means to you.

When ready, move on to the next line.

 

The LORD is my shepherd, I have everything I need.

(pause)

He lets me rest in green meadows, he leads me beside peaceful streams.

(pause)

He renews my strength.

(pause)

He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.

(pause)

Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid,

(pause)

for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

(pause)

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.

(pause)

You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with  blessings.

(pause)

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me, all the days of my life,

(pause)

and I will live in the house of the LORD,  forever.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.