Thursday, May 18, 2006

What the day brings

Today looks to be another full day.

I'll be around here for the morning, doing my regular coffee with the guys and then try to begin to shape Sunday morning for Worship.

But for most of the day I expect to be in Saskatoon at the hospital. A friend is having surgery, and there is a question whether they will even make it through. I need to be there for them, and, if things go bad, for the family.

This weekend is already becoming a very emotional time for me. It was on this weekend 8 years ago that my dad received his first liver transplant. Then one year later, almost to the day he had his second liver transplant. Two years ago, my grandparents passed away within days of each other. Last year my brother got married, and last year of course, Toni and Chris' daughter Sarah passed away.

For me these things register some place in my spirit, and as we lead up to the anniversary my internal calendar changes over, and they are all there.

That's not a bad thing, in fact it makes me great for remembering anniversaries etc. And I think it's good to remember, and pray or celebrate or whatever needs to be done. Just makes for an emotional season.
So maybe I can encourage you to remember Sarah Ertle and her family and friends this weekend.

It is good that we do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your love and prayers Randall (and family).

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.