Monday, May 22, 2006

Painting the fence and talking on Skype

Today (The hottest day of the year so far,) the boys and I painted the back fence. I wanted to do it before it got too warm and I figured May long weekend would probably be ok. Still got up to +30C.


So we painted and talked about many things. Who had the longest armpit hair, what's the best deodorant, what is a mortgage and how long we will be paying for our house, life insurance, how much we get if one of them died, where they wanted to be buried if they died, (This was always in relation to where their mother was buried!), the joy of painting over bugs, what they want to do in the future. It was a day of hard work, but the talking was alot of fun.


I think my kids are fun to hang around with, and usually ok to work with. Tonight we celebrated by getting slurpees.


Tonight I've also been trying the free Skype calling. Skype is a softwear you can talk with other Skype users over the internet, and for a price you can call landlines with it too. (That's a free feature till the end of the year.)


So tonight I was calling people in North America, and in the city here. Works very very cool. Only, Lauralea doesn't seem to appreciate being called from the basement...


Live and learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.