Saturday, May 20, 2006

Long weekends mean a whole nother thing, since I became a pastor

It looks like it"s a beautiful sun filled day out there. At least it does from my office window.

I find myself at my desk this long weekend Saturday, listening to some chirpy classical music on an NPR station somewhere south of the 49th parallel. I"m fighting with the sermon for tomorrow, and so far the sermon is winning. Or should I say, I am losing.

I thought taking a moment to post might break me out of my focused thoughts that tend to get to, tight.

Lauralea continues her struggle with the common cold, flu, bronchial infection, whatever. Except now it"s moved into her chest. This makes her coughing deep and earth shaking. It wasn"t so bad through the night, but I did wake up with the corner of a sheet that she hadn"t taken from me in the night.

And I"m thinking seriously of painting the fence on Monday. It was my goal to do that before May was over and it"s getting kinda close. Besides, Monday is suppose to be a holiday around here (Victoria Day. God Bless the Queen...) So maybe I can get some of the locals to help with the painting.

Johanna seems to have made it down to Minneapolis as of last night. I just phoned and she had arrived. They are already at the mall. Or should I say, The Mall. I hope she has a good week and that it can help her last for the coming year without seeing the close friends she made the past year.

Hillary is working lots this weekend, even Monday which means time and a half pay. This is good because she wants to move into her own place this summer, for University next year, and she can use all the money she can get.

The boys cut the lawn last night, without to much pushing. We"ll see how they respond to the idea of painting...

I suppose I can"t put off the inevitable, I should get back to the work I need to do.

Ciao.

1 comment:



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.