Monday, May 22, 2006

Antwan Williams

I just received word that Antwan Williams, (the guy on the right) a student at Covenant Bible College this past year, died suddenly on Saturday as a result of a car accident.


Antwan was one guy I enjoyed getting to know, this past year when I would be there for Board meetings.


He was a gifted, passionate young man who had just agreed to come back next year to be our men's dean.


"...On Antwan's bed they found a scrap book he had just completed with pictures and captions that highlight his life from Elementary school to CBC. Also, there was a video tape of the birthday party that his class mates threw for him along with his journal, his Bible and the Karl Sorenson award for service from the Town of Strathmore."


Antwan will be missed, a lot.


It's hard to look back being at Commencement a few weeks ago, talking with him, and now he's gone on ahead.


May God comfort his Mom and sister and family, and all his classmates from CBC this year.


Peace to his memory.


7 comments:

  1. I do not know this young man but he sounds like a very special individual. No words can express a shock to the system like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. "May God comfort his Mom and sister and family, and all his classmates from CBC this year."

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Antwan at the choir concert on the Saturday night of Conference. He sang with such enthusiasm and joy. I didn't know him but I felt like I did because he exuded Jesus. Funny that it was him I noticed the most.

    When my brother died a year after he was at CBC, it did a lot of things to a lot of people....all of it good. We trust God will use Antwan's death as an instrument for good in the midst of grief.

    Peace to his memory and to his family in these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is too, too short for some. I'm glad he left behind a good, though short legacy. But the news is still hard to hear and makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I barely knew him but it hit me really ahrd when i found out he died on Saturday night. I'm still having a difficult time and I pray for eveyone else who is affected by this. He has and is continuing to impact the lives of everyone who knew him or met him. My prayers are his mother and sister and everyone else. I know he is in a better place and we all will be seeing him again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Michele.

    May God be with you in these days too.

    Prayed for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a regular camper along with my brother at Covenant Harbor Bible Camp in Lake Geneva, Wis. and have gone there every summer since I was around 8 years old. I remember him as always smiling, and even though he never was my counselor, he never stopped treating me as somebody he has known for years. He made everyone at camp laugh and went out of his way to make your day better. I'll miss him a lot. But he was an amazing guy. I can easily say he was one of the people at camp that i looked up to so much.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.