Thursday, April 27, 2006

Log in for a Good Night

I use MSN Messenger and I log in under randall_friesen AT hotmail DOT com. Lately it´s helped add a new dimension to my connection with my family as we have got my mom and dad using it.

They will message me with a question or a short chat. It´s great because it feels like the other person is closer than they might physically be.

I realized how good this has been, last night.

Usually when I´m done checking my email, before bed, I check if anyone still has their MSN on. Last night I clicked on my daughter, Johanna, and said nite. Then I sent a good night to my dad, and my brother and my sister. Johanna was the one who was at her computer and she responded.

It´s kinda like ?The Waltons.? Remember? ?Good night mama, good night Johnboy, good night grampa, good night Mary Ellen...?

Sometimes it´s good to disconnect, for quiet and stillness. But sometimes it´s just good to be a click away.

It can be a comfort.
 

2 comments:

  1. G'nite Randall-Bob. Love that show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often "blame" the Waltons for our four sons as it were. And the seven and a bit grandchildren! Great show. Goodnight Randall. Freda

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.