Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday and real Resurrection

Sunrise Service 4The day began at two am this morning when I was awakened from my sleep by a group of loud drunks partying next door, in the yard beside my bedroom. I think I got a few more hours in before the 5:30 alarm went off to get us to the sunrise service.

The morning service went ok, and quickly after that we were off to Saskatoon for a bit of a get together with my family. We don´t know how many of those times remain for us, but we need to make time for them. My dad isn´t well, but he is determined to see some of that pension come in when he hits 65. He´s paid all his hard working years into it.

Not everyone in the family is happy, and life ebbs and flows. One week you´re on top of the world, the next week hope goes unanswered again. And living with a family member who is on a limited time line, we all realize that the years are moving us forward too. Time suddenly takes on a much harder edge.

There are things that need to be said. Things that help clarify the desired will of the one going on ahead. Things that are hard to hear even as we hear the gentle weeping in the corner. But its good, we need to hear one another. We honour each other by listening to one another. And now, because of some doctor´s prognosis, there is a sense of urgency in this matter of listening. So we listen intently.

Then comes the humor. The joking and laughter we share helps the moment pass a bit easier. It is gentle, not harsh. And we need to laugh just as badly as we need to cry. Both are a release of emotions.

Yeah, we´ll be ok. There is a deepening sense of peace over us. This will go where it goes, at whatever pace it goes, but we don´t have a deep sense of fear or grief. I suppose this is because we also know the one who holds the keys of death and hell. Because of Easter Sunday, resurrection morning, the one we follow after and who has gone on ahead has already conquered death. Since he now holds the keys to death, we know that He will use them when He knows the time is right. And He can be trusted.

So, we trust. We don´t always understand and we don´t always agree, but we trust him. Mostly because he has been faithful to us in the past. In caring and loving us, he is proved faithful, no matter what may come.

And now I am exhausted.
Nite.

2 comments:

  1. You're writing down your thoughts here and that can be very healing in itself. Praying for you and your family Randall in these days.



    Time. Seems like when a grieving process begins it's like "time" doesn't exist because our emotions are......well, it seems like they're the same for so long and then all of a sudden we look back. Time was more like a "process" that didn't involve time at all - just our emotions. This probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me.......I can't quite articulate it.....I'm rambling a bit........and remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.