Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hosehead Has Landed

Well, I have arrived. (Sounds like I landed on the moon!)

Through wind, rain, snow and sleet, I have prevailed.

Lauralea got me to the Bus Terminal from a fast bite at our Church pancake fund raiser. Then I did the bus thing for two hours.

My mom, bless her heart, picked me up from the Bus station and got me to the Airport on time. As it turned out, the fight out was delayed an hour, because of weather. So I got some work done for tomorrow.

Then it was flight time to Calgary, and to their credit WestJet has small TV's to watch while you fly. Not to their credit was that they didn't have them turned on while we sat on the ground another half hour, waiting to be De-iced.

The fight was a little rough, probably because of the weather. But it ended well, with me in one piece, kissing the ground. (Doesn't everyone do that?)

I was most pleased that the car rental guy had stayed up for me, and still had my car waiting. And I was able to find my way out of the airport and out of town to Strathmore, some 45 minutes away, where I am holed up presently.

The trip went well, everything fell nicely into place.

I'm praying that the meetings tomorrow go just as well.

But for now, I've got some more prep work to do. So Good night.


(Now go to bed!)

6 comments:

  1. Well, it turns out we are not doing the Gatecrasher thing. Too many sick or, in my case, too many cars are sick. But I will, and am, remembering to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always extremely thankful to walk off a plane in one piece. And I always think others should feel the same. But usually others look way more casual, even bored as they are deplaning....and I think "We're alive! We're alive! Aren't you grateful we made it out ALIVE?" Ok I am exagerating just a tad, but not by much.

    But I'm wondering, what classifies as a rough flight in other people's books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I have kissed the ground after getting off a plane -- a few times. (But, it's me, so that shouldn't be a surprise.)



    Hope you got some rest last night after that LONG trip!



    Come home safe, too.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I am not great on airplanes, so the TV was a helpful diversion.



    Course last night half the channels were out.



    At least there wasn't a program on the Discovery channel on plane crashes.



    I ususally issue an edict at home starting at least two weeks before flight time, that there will be no Amazing Airline Stories shows watched on the TV.



    And they can deal with it!



    Oh yes, they tried to watch one with me sitting there the other night and I threatened them with early bedtime.



    The channel changed instantly.





    Hey Karen in East Asia, does this mean randallfriesen.com is accessible there? Or do you have "Other" means?



    Prayin for ya.



    ReplyDelete
  5. randall you need to check out http://sorryican'tunderstandyou.blogspot.com ... this blog thing is spreading like a bad rash



    on the plane thing... my sister refused to fly when her boys were young saying that they couldn't afford to lose their mother in a plane crash and it never really mattered to her that the accident rate is higher in a car than in a plane. Me - I mostly prefer driving because then I can get where I want when I want and a plane tends to make me feel a little claustrophobic. It is nice that it saves time though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really praying for God's work to be done graciously at CBC. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.