Thursday, January 05, 2006

Upon my first day of work in 2006

First day back at work and it starts off with a bang of a morning.


First first is a service at the Hospital, which goes well and is a great encouragement to me. It's one of those things I never look forward to doing, but I'm always glad I did it. It always leaves me with a deep sense of all that I have and enjoy.


Then I was off to coffee with Gene. He's from Yellowknife and in town visiting his mom. I got to know him through this space, and he's a cool guy. God has been gracious to him and his new wife these days, they are expecting in March. It was good to share stories and to see the God thread woven through our lives.


Anyway, if it's true that you become like those you hang around with, he's one I'd want to hang around with, at least if he lived closer.


Then I was off to an important lunch appointment with my eldest. Probably one of the only chances to talk we've had during this break of hers. She's been working a lot at her old stomping ground, Zellers.


It is cool to see people change over time. It's always more noticeable when they go away and change, much more so than if they live here and you see them every day. She has changed much this year, and I expect will continue to change a lot.



And so, it's good to be back at it.
Bring on 06.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I sortof know that Gene guy... well he knows my hubby and I know his wife to be more exact and we have plenty of mutual friends and I have met his brother... you know one of those small world things... Who knew there would ever e so many PA/YK connections especially concerning little ole Gateway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i told him about your big announcement yesterday, and he was pleased for you... but would miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.