Thursday, January 12, 2006

Things you probably didn't know. ...or want to know.

When Albert Einstein died, his final words died with him. The nurse at his side didn't understand German.


Ancient drinkers warded off the devil by clinking their cups


Ralph and Carolyn Cummins had 5 children between 1952 and 1966, all were born on the 20 February.


The national flag of Italy was designed by Napoleon Bonaparte.


Paul Revere was a dentist.


George Washington grew marijuana in his garden.


Fourteen million people were killed in World War I, twenty million died in a flu epidemic in the years that followed.


It was the custom in Ancient Rome for the men to place their right hand on their testicles when taking an oath. The modern term 'testimony' is derived from this tradition.


via.



3 comments:

  1. Didn't some of the oaths/covenants/blessings in the Old Testament (i.e. between Isaac and Jacob) involve grabbing the inside of the other person's thigh, which I've heard is a euphemism for "testicles"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 20 must have a special day around the Ralph and Carolyn Cummins (if my arithmetic is correct.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)



    That's what I was thinkin!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.