Friday, January 06, 2006

Overheard at the gas station this morning...


Twenty Something One: So how much did you pay for your truck? (A half ton)


Twenty Something Two: Well they were asking $65,000 and they took 19,000 for my old truck.


Twenty Something One: Silence


Twenty Something Two: So, what are your monthly payments on your truck?


Twenty Something One: $500.


Twenty Something Two: Silence.


Me (in my head): Hmm, I still owe $50,000 on my home and the payments are over $500, but hey, I've got cable TV and 900 more square feet in my bad boy.

3 comments:

  1. How priorities do change... Actually, I don't think I ever wanted a vehicle worth that much. All I know is that the value of our home, and your home Randall, is growing while that truck's value is probably near $45,000 now and ever decreasing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but can you take it "off roading"....well, then again, it is off the road......

    ReplyDelete
  3. well,



    they do say that money is not everything, and these youngsters have not learned this lesson yet.



    and it is also easy come, easy go as credit is ussualy far to easy to get hold of.



    sorry about the rant.

    But I had the money through on saturday in settlement of my divorce, of which ?10000 has been put aside for bible college for october.



    god bless.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.