Friday, December 09, 2005

Today I went to a funeral

She was a very distant relative I only met a couple of times, but there are precious few relatives I have up here in Prince Albert so I wanted to be there.


It was a real mixed bag, religiously speaking.


She was a Mennonite girl, (Culturally mostly) so some Low-German was used. The Officiant was from a very Conservative-Fundamentalist-Charismatic church who led the service and preached a sermon on his trips to Israel and Psalm 23. Then a Bishop from the LatterDay Saints gang got up and preached his version of events before you are born and after you die.


Sigh. Seems like she had most of her bases covered.

5 comments:

  1. Am I thinking of the church you're thinking of? Because I think I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind. I'm not thinking of the church you're thinking of. I need to learn to think before I speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Conservative-Fundamentalist-Charismatic"



    Surely a contradiction? Charismatic conservative?



    Or maybe not.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, it's more like conservative charismatic, which is slightly different, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, trust me, it's not a contradiction, at least not in North America.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.