Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thick fuzzy head

We are moving through the second week of Advent now, and I find myself mostly in a good place.


It feels these days like I have a thick head.


Yesterday was a tired day. I walked through the day with a thick, tired head. Kinda in a daze. But I was in bed and asleep before midnight last night, and today it seems better.


I've been doing some deep emotional caring and prayer for some people lately. That can wear you out a bit. Sunday I was at the church most of the day because we had activities going on morning and evening. I snuck out for a couple of hours in the afternoon and I got in the closing quarter of the Cincinnati/Steelers game. Turned out to be worth it because I am a Bengals fan, and they took it to the Steelers. WooHoo!


I find it grace filled to be able to walk with people through the stuff of life. There is some powerful stuff hidden within the determined, persistent, ongoing being with people that just isn't there when you bounce from one new thing to another.


For people, long term relationships can be grace filled as they walk through the ebbing and flowing of life. Many times you either go deeper or you go away. Unfortunately these days many people just choose to go away and thus miss out on one of life's great adventures.


Indeed, one of life's greatest treasures is to have someone love you through thick and thin, for a long time.


Or perhaps a better way to say it is that it is one of life's greatest treasures to be able to love someone through thick and thin, for a long time.


Just some thoughts this cold second Monday in Advent.

1 comment:

  1. As one of the people you've probably been holding up in prayer, one behalf of my family I'd like to say "thankyou".

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.