Friday, December 09, 2005

Seven Things

This  meme has been making the rounds lately, and by now it's nearly dead. But in response to her whom I love, I shall have a go.



Seven things to do before I die:
 
1. Hold season's tickets for a world class Ballet company, again.
2. Live in a large, world class city.
3. Move to a small place on the ocean and have time to write.
4. Get a decent laptop.
5. Run a retreat house someplace in Eurasia where people can come to rest and get well.
6. Grow in my connection with God so that his words are mine, and my actions are his.
7. Learn how to love my family better.



Seven things I cannot do:


1. Tell a lie
2. Not tease.
3. Not worry.
4. Work with numbers.
5. Type without looking at the keyboard.
6. Play Jazz on a flute.
7. Make a decision without God weighing in on it.
 


 Seven things that attract me to my spouse:


1. Her friendship.
2. She is lightness to my heaviness.
3. She works so freakin hard.
4. She is an amazing teacher.
5. She is creative.
6. She loved me.
7. The sex.


 
 Seven things I say most often:


1. "QUIET"
2. Have you restarted the computer?
3. Restart the computer.
4. Shoot.
5. "Hello, Gateway..."
6. I'm not sure.
7. (Usually I'm just quiet.)



Seven books I love:


1. Blue Like Jazz. Miller.
2. The Life of George Muller. A Biography.
3. Seven People Who Pray.
4. The New Living Translation Bible.
5. The Sacred Diaries of Adrian Plass. (Along with the original "Diaries of Adrian Mole")
6. Holding Forth the Word of Life.  Friesen.
7. Sabbatical Journey. Nouwen.
 


Seven movies I would watch over and over again:


1. So I Married An Axe Murderer.
2. Lost in Translation.
3. (Sorry...) Austin Powers. Especially the last one.
4. Love Actually
5. WKRP In Cincinnati. (The Series)
6. Notting Hill.
7. Wit.


And now you know more about me than you wish you did.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you put my hero Donald Miller on the list

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. Live in a large, world class city.



    Cool! You're moving to Toronto.



    4. Get a decent laptop.



    Welcome to Apple.



    From a later list:



    7. The sex.



    Are pastors allowed to say that? ;)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Probably pastors need to say more like that!



    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ that.



    Probably true too.



    Love Actually seems to have been especially popular with Canadian bloggers - wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's not sco-ish, it's cccccrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some pretty good answers.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.