Thursday, December 08, 2005

I wanna go home.

As the reader of randallfriesen.com may recall, I received my flu shot earlier this Autumn. Because of this wise decision I am presently going through much less of an illness than I probably would have, if I hadn't had the shot.


Yesterday after about three hours of hanging in there, I just headed home, mumbled something to Lauralea, got my thick blankie and aimed a space heater at myself and fell asleep. After six hours of on and off sleep plus a strange request to Lauralea that we have pancakes for supper, I arose from the dead.


Seems that the six-ish hours didn't make me too tired to sleep at night because I was gone sometime after 11:30 pm and didn't move till 8:30am.


With some determination I got up, headache and bodyache in tact and the world swirling around me, to get to my morning breakfast meeting. The rest of the day looks like I have five meetings and visits to complete. We'll see how it goes.


If you are waiting to hear from me by email, this is my excuse. I'll get to it asaib. (As Soon As I'm Better.)


I now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

9 comments:

  1. i never do the flu shot... i have heard too often of people going through the whole needle thing (which i hate the thought of) and they still get sick. the family have yet to get a flu shot and we have yet to get really sick with the flu for about the last three years. then again maybe it is too cold up here for the nasty viruses to travel up here, like everybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year's flu shot missed the flu strains for that year and was therefore miserably ineffective. If they do guess right, it is effective in 80% of the recipients. I wonder if they got it right this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always used to reckon that bitter winter cold would kill all the nasty infectious diseases.



    Shows how dumb that Idea was.



    Get well soon - I'll be within 1000 miles or so Sunday afternoon, and don't want you sneezing over me ;?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't listen to all the potentially sick individuals above. Of course you are happy you got the flu shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay put. Sleep lots. Drink lots....tea, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ask Grampa, he'll tell you the secret to avoiding getting sick is gargling with Listerine every day. The original kind, not that pansy mint flavoured garbage....

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that is a new one on me, gargle with Listerine every day....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm



    hope you get well Very soon Randell

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never said randall should not be glad he got the flu shot, i just said i never do and thankfully my family and i have yet to get sick.



    and gavin brings up a good point since his grandpa and my dad are about the same age, they both have the same advice. they must have chatted over coffee at church sometime about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny me. I tend to listen to the doctors who say we should get a shot....and so I do. Trust is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.