Friday, November 11, 2005

Only 45 days left till Christmas...

She says.


So, I'm sitting here at my screen, listening to the Eagles singing "Please Come Home for Christmas," and my beverage of choice sits before me, eggnog with coke in it. And I realize it's probably a good thing Sharon K. isn't here because she loves Christmas parties.


It dawns on me tonight that it is, in fact, November 11. To date we've had no real snow, and I'm still using my summer/autumn jacket.


My first Autumn here we had a major blizzard and TONS of snow by October 14th. I think it was our second year here that November 11 at our Foul Supper, there was lot's of snow on the ground and the temperature was in the -27's, C.


Sheesh, we've got nothing to complain about yet.


So, as Frank Sinatra croons on about "Christmas Dreaming" I'll bid you and yours a Christmassy good night.

9 comments:

  1. There's a world out there without snow? Only 3 hours away? That's pretty hard to believe from our doorstep...

    (If you would like to see what a doorstep looks like in Yorkton right now bentron.blogspot.com will show you how close you are to a winter wonderland... all our snow only took about 12 hours.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the apostrophe - "lot's"





    Yeah, it looks like we still have some more fall to go. I appreciate no boots and no shovelling. I was remarking to myself yesterday on the fact thaqt we have trees with green leaves still in our backyard. The leaves are no doubt dead but still hanging on there and the grass is still pretty green too.



    It has been a beautiful fall. We must be doing something right up here in the north!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hehehe* I'm just curious about what kind of food you were served at the "foul" supper to make it so foul?? Were there those rotten, little old lady meatballs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. An inside joke Julie.



    It was Turkey that was served,(Fowl) and it wasn't always fun.(Foul)



    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Grief Becky



    What DID you do this summer to deserve all that stuff??



    I'm lovin P.A. right now.





    Except my lawn needs mowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay... now you are making me jealous. I miss PA in the fall. I want to take my kids out trick or treating without having to climb snowbanks and yes this past weekend winter has truly set in. Especially with the wind.



    It is also funny to read Linea refer to PA as up here in the North since up here in YK (the real North) we refer to everything south of 60 as "in the South"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yea and I even miss those Foul/Fowl Suppers. The energy of the church family working together to serve the community was always something I was proud of. And let's not forget all those homemade pies"

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we were driving home today I saw a house with Christmas lights on outside and a fully decorated Christmas tree inside!!!! Even if there were snow outside I would still think it was too early!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been sucked in early too? The Santa parade was in S'toon yesterday and it was still 6 weeks until Christmas!



    So help me, I am waiting until Nov 15th before having an eggnog latte.



    Speaking of eggnog, do tell your recipe...how much coke to how much eggnog? This sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.